Welcome! You've landed at the personal site, portfolio, and online mind-dump of Jon A. Gill (me). Assuming that you came here on purpose and didn't stumble onto this site while looking for, say, the identity of the 1978 Crufts dog show champion , I expect you might have some amount of interest in who I am and what makes me tick. So without any further beating of bushes, brows, or dead horses, here are some of the more interesting details about me:
- I like to create games for people to play. I'm not terrible at it.
- I'm half of Ruddy Games, creators of the pulp exploration board game Skulldug!
- I work on HoloLens at Microsoft most days. I previously worked on Halo 5: Guardians and the Age of Empires franchise at Microsoft Studios.
- I studied Computer Science: Game Design and Japanese language at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
1. I refuse to comment on any and all rumors that I am, know, or have otherwise conspired with the animal known as Harrowhill Huntsman. And while it has often been said that I resemble a prize-winning fox terrier, I don't have the papers to prove it.